Time Management 101
by Nathaniel Davis
Here are some basic steps, which should give you a basic idea of what it takes to get you going:
- Define what you want out of life. Do this by listing your goals and values. What do you really want out of life? When you do this step thoroughly, you will notice a difference. You will also see that 90% of people have not completed this first essential step towards a more constructive life.
- Figure out some next steps towards your life goals. After that, start taking small steps towards them. If you define your goals tonight, you can start taking steps tomorrow. Even if these are fundamental steps, they do not have to take forever. You can always come back and revise your goals later.
- Take a firm control of your everyday tasks, and projects. This is a basic time management habit needed at your hectic workplaces today. Techniques of these sorts really represent "hands on" time management. Knowing that you have your tasks under control will also help you to stay calm. Stress won't catch you easily.
- Take control of your incoming paper flow (brochures, magazines, invoices, etc.). Also organize your existing papers and documents.
- Clean your desk at work, and keep it clean. It really benefits your time management.
- Transform your email software from a task overwhelming enemy, to an effective tool, which actually helps you keeping in control of things. You will find joy in an empty email inbox, once you learn how to do it.
- Start using your increased free time to develop yourself in new or lost areas of life.